Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
DCMA still faces challenges
Friday - 11/4/2011, 1:51pm EDT
GAO said one big risk is DCMA's reliance on the Defense Contract Audit Agency to audit contractor business systems. DCAA has its own problems, GAO said, and is often backlogged. Plus, the systems haven't been audited in several years.
There are also other risks. GAO auditors said it isn't clear there will be enough funding to retain the employees who were hired using the Defense Acquisition Workforce Development Fund. DoD should step in, according to the report, and help DCMA and DCAA handle audits of contractor business systems and clarify the agency's plans for funding.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.