Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
DoD Cyber Command to get new senior leaders
Tuesday - 7/5/2011, 5:44pm EDT
Federal News Radio
The Defense Department is moving some chairs around in its Cyber Command.
Rear Adm. Sean Filipowski will take over from Rear Adm. Jan Tighe as the deputy director of operations at Cyber Command in Fort Meade, Md.
Filipowski comes over from the Navy where he is the director of cyber, sensors and electronic warfare in the Office of the Chief of Naval Operations.
Tighe will become the director of decision superiority in the Office of the Chief of Naval Operations.
Along with Filipowski, the Cyber Command will add Rear Adm. Samuel Cox, who will become the director of intelligence. Cox currently is the director of the National Maritime Intelligence Center.
Additionally, the Navy's Fleet Cyber Command will get a new deputy commander. Rear Adm. Matthew Kohler will move into that position from his current role as deputy chief of Tailored Access Operations for the National Security Agency at Fort Meade, Md.
(Copyright 2011 by FederalNewsRadio.com. All Rights Reserved.)