Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Lightning injures 10 NJ soldiers at NY's Ft. Drum
Wednesday - 8/15/2012, 10:01am EDT
FORT DRUM, N.Y. (AP) - Military officials say a lightning strike has injured 10 soldiers from a New Jersey Army National Guard unit who were training at Fort Drum in northern New York.
First Sgt. David Moore tells The Associated Press that the soldiers from the Lawrenceville-based 50th Infantry Brigade Combat Team were on a training ground on the Army post when the lightning struck around 8:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Moore says six of the soldiers were checked out by medical staff and have returned to duty. He says the other four are under the care of the unit's medics and are expected to resume their duties.
About 2,000 members of the 50th Infantry are at Fort Drum for its annual 15-day training exercise that began last weekend.
Fort Drum is home to the 10th Mountain Division.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)