Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Lightning injures 10 NJ soldiers at NY's Ft. Drum
Wednesday - 8/15/2012, 10:01am EDT
FORT DRUM, N.Y. (AP) - Military officials say a lightning strike has injured 10 soldiers from a New Jersey Army National Guard unit who were training at Fort Drum in northern New York.
First Sgt. David Moore tells The Associated Press that the soldiers from the Lawrenceville-based 50th Infantry Brigade Combat Team were on a training ground on the Army post when the lightning struck around 8:30 p.m. Tuesday.
Moore says six of the soldiers were checked out by medical staff and have returned to duty. He says the other four are under the care of the unit's medics and are expected to resume their duties.
About 2,000 members of the 50th Infantry are at Fort Drum for its annual 15-day training exercise that began last weekend.
Fort Drum is home to the 10th Mountain Division.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)