Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Bomb threat at Walter Reed medical center
Wednesday - 8/8/2012, 1:40pm EDT
WASHINGTON (AP) - A bomb threat has been called in to the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, forcing a building to be closed for three hours at the facility outside Washington.
A military official says someone phoned in a threat minutes before 9 a.m. EDT Wednesday, saying a bomb would detonate about an hour later in the center's America building, which contains a group of clinics.
The official spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to publicly release information about the incident.
He says the building was swept for explosives, and none was found, and that the building was reopened at 1 p.m.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)