Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Army's Fort Bliss finding cost-savings in green performance contracts
Friday - 2/10/2012, 12:00pm EST
Fort Bliss announced the contract award after President Obama called on agencies to save $2 billion using the tool.
Under the deal, Fort Bliss will get energy efficiency improvements with no upfront costs.
Richard Kidd, the Army's deputy assistant secretary for energy and sustainability, joins The Federal Drive with Tom Temin to explain how this fits into the bigger plan of crafting a greener military.