Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Army completes second round of handheld-systems testing
Wednesday - 12/7/2011, 8:56pm EST
Col. Dan Hughes is the director of the Army's system-of-systems integration, which falls under Army's assistant secretary for Acquisition, Logistics and Technology.
He joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the second round of testing as well as the feedback from soldiers.
The test, which dealt with handheld systems, was known as the Network Integration Evaluation and was the first time that all parts of the Army network that will eventually be fielded were evaluated in a life-like operational environment.
"Its a unique opportunity to get feedback from soldiers, early, on the systems that we're trying to field down-range," he said.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.