Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Army completes second round of handheld-systems testing
Wednesday - 12/7/2011, 8:56pm EST
Col. Dan Hughes is the director of the Army's system-of-systems integration, which falls under Army's assistant secretary for Acquisition, Logistics and Technology.
He joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the second round of testing as well as the feedback from soldiers.
The test, which dealt with handheld systems, was known as the Network Integration Evaluation and was the first time that all parts of the Army network that will eventually be fielded were evaluated in a life-like operational environment.
"Its a unique opportunity to get feedback from soldiers, early, on the systems that we're trying to field down-range," he said.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.