Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Army Materiel Command offering buyouts
Monday - 9/19/2011, 12:38pm EDT
The Army Materiel Command is now the latest to offer buyouts.
AMC is offering $25,000 dollars to more than 30 civilian employees at its headquarters in Redstone Arsenal in Alabama, Federal Times reports.
Its also accepting early retirement, reassigning workers and using hiring freezes to cut personnel.
The buyout announcement comes after a memo from Army Secretary John McHugh, who asked the command to cut to more than 1,200 positions. A spokesperson for AMC says they expect to exceed that number.
Army announced in early August it plans to cut more than 8,700 civilian jobs by this time next year.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.