Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Army Materiel Command offering buyouts
Monday - 9/19/2011, 12:38pm EDT
The Army Materiel Command is now the latest to offer buyouts.
AMC is offering $25,000 dollars to more than 30 civilian employees at its headquarters in Redstone Arsenal in Alabama, Federal Times reports.
Its also accepting early retirement, reassigning workers and using hiring freezes to cut personnel.
The buyout announcement comes after a memo from Army Secretary John McHugh, who asked the command to cut to more than 1,200 positions. A spokesperson for AMC says they expect to exceed that number.
Army announced in early August it plans to cut more than 8,700 civilian jobs by this time next year.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.