Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Army Materiel Command offering buyouts
Monday - 9/19/2011, 12:38pm EDT
The Army Materiel Command is now the latest to offer buyouts.
AMC is offering $25,000 dollars to more than 30 civilian employees at its headquarters in Redstone Arsenal in Alabama, Federal Times reports.
Its also accepting early retirement, reassigning workers and using hiring freezes to cut personnel.
The buyout announcement comes after a memo from Army Secretary John McHugh, who asked the command to cut to more than 1,200 positions. A spokesperson for AMC says they expect to exceed that number.
Army announced in early August it plans to cut more than 8,700 civilian jobs by this time next year.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.