Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Pentagon Solutions: Getting the right equipment to the warfighter
Wednesday - 4/27/2011, 4:55pm EDT
Command Sergeant Major Bernard C. McPherson
The Program Executive Office Soldier is a government organization in charge of rapid prototyping, procurement and delivery of equipment to warfighters.
PEO Soldier views the soldier as "an integrated system" ensuring everything the warfighter carries works together, according to the Army's website.
Command Sergeant Major Bernard C. McPherson, command sergeant major of PEO Soldier, explains how the organization function and whether budget cuts will affect the ability to fund research and development for equipment needed by troops.
Watch CSM McPherson explain the gear warfighters wear.
Some of the uniforms and equipment CSM McPherson brought to the Federal News Radio studio: