Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Ayotte lifts hold on Air Force nominee
Thursday - 10/17/2013, 6:30pm EDT
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Sen. Kelly Ayotte has ended her hold on President Barack Obama's nominee for Air Force secretary, clearing the way for Senate confirmation of Deborah Lee James.
The New Hampshire Republican had blocked the nominee last month until she got answers about the fate of the military's A-10 attack aircraft.
Ayotte's office said in a statement Thursday that she had received responses from the Air Force to her 32 follow-up questions. She said she supported James' nomination and looked forward to working with her after her confirmation.
Ayotte indicated that she was still concerned about ensuring that the military provide close air support to ground forces, especially until the next generation F- 35 is operational.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.