Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Air Force officer charged with child pornography
Thursday - 9/12/2013, 6:20pm EDT
GREENBELT, Md. (AP) -- A U.S. Air Force officer has been indicted on charges of child pornography.
William Gazafi, a non-commissioned officer at Andrews Air Force Base, faces six counts of sexually exploiting a minor to produce child pornography.
The 44-year-old Lusby man was indicted Wednesday by a federal grand jury. He faces a minimum sentence of 15 years in prison and a maximum of 30 years in prison.
Prosecutors say Gazafi this month chatted online with an undercover officer on a website dedicated to incest and revealed a sexual interest in children. Prosecutors say Gazafi possessed sexually explicit images and videos of children.
One of his public defenders declined to comment. Gazafi is expected to appear in federal court in Greenbelt next week.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.