Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
DoD cuts ribbon on centralized medical headquarters
Wednesday - 9/19/2012, 10:11am EDT
Officials held a ribbon-cutting ceremony Tuesday for the new Defense Health Headquarters in Virginia.
They said placing the top Army, Navy and Air Force medical staff in one building would help keep military medicine relevant, strong and effective.
Assistant Secretary of Defense for Health Affairs Jonathan Woodson said nothing can replace face-to-face conversation. He said the Defense Department needs more "enterprise solutions" to mental and physical health.
The consolidation was ordered seven years ago by lawmakers when they passed the Base Realignment and Closure Act.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.