Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Air Force on track to meet 2014 financial deadline, official says
Tuesday - 9/18/2012, 11:20am EDT
Defense Secretary Leon Panetta wants all of DoD to have auditable financial statements by then. He moved the deadline up from 2017.
Robert Hale, the undersecretary of Defense and the DoD comptroller, told the House Armed Services Committee he was reasonably confident DOD would make it.
Marilyn Thomas, the Air Force comptroller, told the committee her staff has made significant progress. But she said work is still needed on improving systems that support Air Force accounting and finance.
Another challenge is establishing beginning balance statements on financial activities that have been going on for many years.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.