Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Welsh nominated for Air Force chief of staff
Friday - 5/11/2012, 10:52am EDT
Gen. Mark A. Welsh (U.S. Air Force photo)
If confirmed, Welsh would succeed Gen. Norton Schwartz, who is retiring this summer.
Welsh has flown more than than 3,400 hours. He completed multiple combat missions during Operation Desert Storm. And he's a 1976 graduate of the Air Force Academy.
Welsh currently commands U.S. air forces in Europe. Schwartz gets credit for reforming the Air Force's handling of nuclear weapons following several highly publicized missteps.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report brought to you by United Health Military and Veterans Services. For more defense news, click here.