Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Air Force touts F-22 capabilities
Tuesday - 5/8/2012, 4:04pm EDT
The commander of the Air Combat Command, Gen. Mike Hostage, confirmed the F-22 has been deployed to Southwest Asia and touted the importance of the aircraft in future combat missions. Hostage said the highly publicized oxygen malfunctions has been addressed.
"If your adversary is so concerned about what your capabilities are they decide not to engage with you, that, to me, is the ultimate use of your military capability." he Hostage said, according to the American Forces Press Service. "People pay attention to where this airplane goes and what it does. … We need to make sure that it's a sustained part of our inventory."
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report brought to you by United Health Military and Veterans Services. For more defense news, click here.