Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Air Force Academy's cyber warriors take 2nd in national contest
Tuesday - 5/1/2012, 2:52pm EDT
They beat the competition in the Cyber Defense Exercise in Fort Meade, Md., and took second place in the National Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition in San Antonio, Texas.
The contests tested teams' abilities to maintain network services, while detecting and responding to network intrusions and compromises. Judges graded them on how they maintained an exchange server, FTP server, Web server and domain controller...and submitted timely and accurate incident reports.
The cadets competed against teams from other service academies and even some graduate schools.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.