Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Air Force disciplining 2 mortuary supervisors
Friday - 3/16/2012, 1:49pm EDT
The U.S. Office of Special Counsel released a report Friday, saying officials retaliated against four employees who sought to expose wrongdoing. The report found that in one case, a senior Air Force attorney who reviewed a plan to fire one of the whistleblowers found that "it is almost certain that any reviewing authority would conclude any such discipline was reprisal/retaliation."
The report says Col. Robert Edmondson set the tone for retaliation and was the force behind the actions against the whistleblowers.
The Air Force is taking steps to further discipline Edmondson and another supervisor. The third has resigned.
(Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)