Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Gunman barricaded in building at Colorado air base
Monday - 11/21/2011, 6:07pm EST
Schriever Air Force Base spokeswoman Jennifer Thibault says the building was evacuated after the standoff began Monday. She says no shots were fired and no one was injured.
Thibault says the airman is a member of a security squadron and is armed with his own handgun. Another spokeswoman says he faces a discharge over a matter in civilian court, but she didn't have details.
His name hasn't been released.
The base about 60 miles south of Denver controls more than 60 military satellites. Thibault says the airman is in a building where personnel prepare for deployments.
(Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)