Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
New Air Force motto gets mixed reviews
Monday - 11/8/2010, 6:33pm EST
But after much debate and discussion about the motto, some airman apparently still don't like the new one.
Air Force Times reports Air Force generals had their choice of five possible mottos taken from suggestions offered by thousands of airmen and the American public. The finalists were "Fly Fight Win," "Aim High," "Above and Beyond," "Air Power" and "Wings of Freedom."
Many readers of airforcetimes.com and af.mil posted unfavorable comments about the final pick when it was rolled out on October 7, calling the new motto an unhappy marriage of two old recruiting slogans.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.