Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Air Force introduces "New Energy Culture"
Tuesday - 10/5/2010, 4:03pm EDT
Air Force Secretary Michael Donley and Chief of Staff General Norton Schwartz introduced the concept to airmen in a letter urging them to reduce energy demand, increase supply and change the service's energy culture.
Achieving these goals will require incorporating energy efficiency and conservation into the daily routines within the aviation community.
Air Force leaders say they hope that achieving greater energy efficiency can lead to funds being freed up for other Air Force priorities.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report brought to you by Dell. For more defense news, click here.
This story is part of Federal News' Radio's 'Greening of Government' series.