Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Obama nominates Jones to head Air Staff
Friday - 9/24/2010, 4:38pm EDT
The Air Force reports the move would include a promotion to the rank of lieutenant general for Jones.
Pending approval by the Senate, Jones would replace Lieutenant General Richard Newton. Newton is in line to be the next assistant vice chief of staff.
Jones has been at the head of the Air Force District of Washington at Andrews Air Force Base since November of 2009. Prior to that, for nearly two years, he was director of force management policy within the deputy chief of staff office. If confirmed, Jones would become the head of that office.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report brought to you by Dell. For more defense news, click here.