Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Obama nominates Jones to head Air Staff
Friday - 9/24/2010, 4:38pm EDT
The Air Force reports the move would include a promotion to the rank of lieutenant general for Jones.
Pending approval by the Senate, Jones would replace Lieutenant General Richard Newton. Newton is in line to be the next assistant vice chief of staff.
Jones has been at the head of the Air Force District of Washington at Andrews Air Force Base since November of 2009. Prior to that, for nearly two years, he was director of force management policy within the deputy chief of staff office. If confirmed, Jones would become the head of that office.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report brought to you by Dell. For more defense news, click here.