Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Tuesday - 10/22/2013, 2:52am EDT
While there, Jared had the chance to speak with Army officials on some of the biggest topics and issues facing the service. Listen to his interviews located below the photo gallery.
Federal News Radio's Jared Serbu interviews Army Chief of Staff Ray Odierno at the 2013 AUSA conference. Click here to view a photo gallery of the event.
Chief of Staff
This is an era of dynamic uncertainty for the Army. So says Chief of Staff Gen. Ray Odierno. It's the ups and downs of the budget, coupled with the changing nature of the enemy. Gen. Odierno talks with Federal News Radio DoD Reporter Jared Serbu about his priorities and the impact of the government shutdown on the Army.
An infantryman with nearly three decades' experience is now leading the Army's cyber warriors. Command Sgt. Maj. Rodney Harris became the senior enlisted advisor at Army Cyber Command in August. Harris tells Federal News Radio DoD Reporter Jared Serbu about Cyber Command and their goals.
Military Deputy to the Assistant Secretary of the Army for Acquisition, Logistics and Technology
The uncertainty about future government funding is making it hard for the Army to carry out costly modernization programs. Lt. Gen. Bill Phillips is the military deputy to the assistant secretary of the Army for Acquisition, Logistics and Technology.
Director of Human Capital Core Enterprise
If the Army doesn't need you anymore, you might find a place with the Army Reserve. Or so it hopes. The drawdown of active duty soldiers in Afghanistan offers a prime opportunity for the Reserve to recruit skilled warriors and boost its power in relation to the services. Brig. Gen. Tammy Smith is director of Human Capital Core Enterprise at the Army Reserve.
Capabilities Integration Command
The Army has a 30-year plan to protect its science and technology priorities from changing economic fortunes. But can it withstand sequestration and the topsy turvy political climate? Lt. Gen. Keith Walker is commanding general of U.S. Army Capabilities Integration Command.