Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Mobility key to military's future success
Wednesday - 10/16/2013, 10:14am EDT
A mobility solution for the modern warfighter from the base to the battlefield.
John Hickey, program manager for mobility at the Defense Information Systems Agency, tells Agency of the Month host Lauren Larson that he expects mobile devices to replace laptops and desktops in the future. He says the foundation has been laid and that the goal is to support 100,000 users in the first year.
In this week's edition of Agency of the Month, Hickey talks about bringing vendor- agnostic, commercial-off-the-shelf mobility solutions at all classification levels to the Department of Defense.
John J. Hickey Jr. is the Program Manager for Mobility at the Defense Information Systems Agency. He is responsible for the planning, resourcing, and acquiring of commercial capability to support unclassified and classified mobility as an enterprise service.
His previous assignments include vice director of the Defense Spectrum Organization responsible for delivering enterprise spectrum management capability and chief engineer for Identity Management including both global directory services and Public Key Infrastructure.
Born in Miami, Florida and raised in northern New Jersey, Hickey has a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Alabama, a Master of Business Administration from Jacksonville State University and a Master in Strategic Studies from the U.S. Army War College.
He served 27 years in the U.S. Army in various command and staff positions as a signal officer and an information systems engineer.