Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Ex-CIA boss David Petraeus takes USC teaching post
Thursday - 5/2/2013, 4:09am EDT
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- David Petraeus' next tough assignment will be in the trenches of academia.
The University of Southern California announced Thursday that the retired general and former CIA director is joining the faculty to teach classes and mentor ROTC members.
Petraeus, who has a doctorate from Princeton University, says in a statement that USC is "a great university that prizes academic excellence."
It's the second teaching appointment for the hero of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.
It was announced last month that he'll be a visiting professor at the City University of New York.
At USC, Petraeus will hold the title of Judge Widney Professor, which is named for the university's founder and is reserved for eminent teachers.
Petraeus left the CIA in November after acknowledging an extramarital affair with his biographer, Paula Broadwell.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.