Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Another GOP senator backs Hagel for defense post
Saturday - 2/2/2013, 6:16pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - A second Republican senator says he will back former Sen. Chuck Hagel as the next Pentagon chief.
Nebraska's senior senator, Mike Johanns, says he believes Hagel will be a strong supporter of Israel and other allies of the U.S. and will be firm with America's enemies.
Johanns tells the Lincoln Journal Star that he believes Hagel earned his endorsement.
Johanns says he decided to back Hagel after the former Nebraska senator's confirmation hearing and after meeting with him.
Some Republican senators have said they will vote against confirming Hagel. Hagel has been criticized as not being tough enough on Iran or sufficiently supportive of Israel.
Johanns joins Republican Sen. Thad Cochran of Mississippi in supporting Hagel's nomination. Senate Democrats hold the majority, and none has voiced opposition to Hagel's appointment.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)