Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Pentagon Solutions: DoD has only 'limited flexibility' to handle sequestration
Wednesday - 9/26/2012, 5:28pm EDT
Earlier this month, the White House released the congressionally mandated Sequestration Transparency Act, which listed the effect of the cuts across 1,200 budget account areas. Overall, Defense accounts will be cut by 9.4 percent, according to the report.
Hale told lawmakers in his prepared testimony the cuts will impact readiness and training efforts and "almost certainly force us to reduce funding for civilian personnel."
Hale added: "Although it is premature to describe in detail how sequestration would affect the DoD civilian workforce, it might be necessary to impose a hiring freeze, though we would seek to exempt certain critical positions), consider unpaid furloughs, and take other actions.