Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Pentagon Solutions: DoD has only 'limited flexibility' to handle sequestration
Wednesday - 9/26/2012, 5:28pm EDT
Earlier this month, the White House released the congressionally mandated Sequestration Transparency Act, which listed the effect of the cuts across 1,200 budget account areas. Overall, Defense accounts will be cut by 9.4 percent, according to the report.
Hale told lawmakers in his prepared testimony the cuts will impact readiness and training efforts and "almost certainly force us to reduce funding for civilian personnel."
Hale added: "Although it is premature to describe in detail how sequestration would affect the DoD civilian workforce, it might be necessary to impose a hiring freeze, though we would seek to exempt certain critical positions), consider unpaid furloughs, and take other actions.