Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Federal Drive Interviews -- Sept. 20, 2012
Thursday - 9/20/2012, 10:54am EDT
A new Institute of Medicine study found nearly half of military members and families "binge drink," meaning they consume four or five drinks or more at a time. One in every five active-duty service members say they are heavy drinkers. The report concludes that the Defense Department is not not keeping up with what researchers call "a public health crisis." Chuck O'Brien chaired the committee that issued the report.
Today we're looking at acquisition as part of our weeklong multimedia series, The Obama Impact, Evaluating the Last Four Years. When the administration sought to re-set the definition of inherently governmental, it caught the attention of contracts as few issues had.
Few initiatives caused as much consternation among contractors as the administration's re-definition of the term inherently governmental. It had the potential to shift much work away from contractors and into the federal workforce. Today we're looking at acquisition as part of our weeklong multimedia series, The Obama Impact, Evaluating the Last Four Years. David Childs, program manager at Management Analysis Incorporated, is a former Homeland Security acquisition manager, and was a manager in the Office of Federal Procurement Policy.
Also on the show: