Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Pentagon budgets $9B to improve energy use
Thursday - 8/16/2012, 8:53am EDT
A Pentagon report certifies the spending will cover the department's operational energy strategy.
Secretary Leon Panetta said the investments will let the armed services operate longer and at a greater distance than they can now. He said by depending less on petroleum sources, forces will have greater security. Among the technologies DoD will fund is what it calls tactical solar. That will lessen the fuel demand for base and camp facilities.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.