Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Panetta requests reprogramming $700M from TRICARE
Monday - 7/30/2012, 8:59am EDT
His request is falling on highly skeptical ears. A bipartisan group of two dozen representatives sent Panetta a tough letter.
They want to know why the Pentagon is asking for a hike in TRICARE fees for retired service members when costs fell nearly 3 percent last year. They cite the transfer request as proof that a rate hike isn't needed.
The Pentagon spends $53 billion a year on health care for active and retired military members and their families.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.