Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Sequestration worries uniformed leaders, Congress
Wednesday - 6/27/2012, 7:17pm EDT
One of the biggest hurdles in the coming months is sequestration, the automatic, across-the-board budget cuts set to take effect in January.
"I think we only get through it because of perseverance," he said.
Dempsey also addressed ongoing challenges of dealing with a smaller budget.
"The question we will answer with your help is how much smaller will that budget become and still allow us to preserve the resources necessary to live up to the responsibility we have ... to prevent the United States of America from being coerced in any domain. We are a global power," Dempsey said.
Also, Sen. Kelly Ayotte (R-N.H.) discussed the challenges of sequestration in a keynote address at a Brookings Institution event.