Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Pentagon names new leader in war against sexual assault
Thursday - 6/14/2012, 9:18am EDT
Gary Patton becomes head of the Sexual Assault Prevention and Response Office next month. He is now the principal director for military personnel policy. The office's current director, Maj. Gen. Mary Kay Hertog, is retiring.
The number of sexual assaults reported in the military has risen to nearly 3,200 last year. But officials said only one in six are reported.
Female service members have accused the Pentagon of discouraging reporting. A new and critical documentary on the subject comes out next week.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report brought to you by United Health Military and Veterans Services. For more defense news, click here.