Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Checklists play key role in getting DoD audit ready, Panetta says
Tuesday - 5/29/2012, 8:40am EDT
It was part of a new education effort to reach Defense employees who don't manage the books for a living. They will get new checklists for accounting transactions.
Leaders said the department also would pay for independent audits as needed.
A 2010 law requires DoD to be audit ready by 2017. The department wants to achieve partial status in two years.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.