Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
New bill would push diversity in military leadership
Thursday - 5/17/2012, 3:03pm EDT
Cardin cited a 2011 Defense report that said women and minorities were under-represented in military leadership. The bill also addresses on concerns raised by service members at a recent forum, he said.
"It is important that more progress be made on the recommendations of the Military Leadership Diversity Commission, including steps to increase transparency in the promotion process for leadership positions," said Senator Cardin.
The MDLC also called for a broader definition of diversity, including different backgrounds, skill sets and other personal attributes.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.