Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
'Mobile job store' for vets parks it in DC - literally
Thursday - 5/17/2012, 2:13pm EDT
The job store is sponsored by the Hero-to-Hired program, an initiative of the Pentagon's Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve. It aims to pair veterans with private employers who have pledged to hire them.
It's the second stop on the the mobile job store's tour; yesterday it was parked at Joint Base Andrews in Maryland.
On-site volunteers will also help veterans translate their military skills into "civilian-speak" for their resumes. They also have career assessment surveys to help veterans determine what direction to go in after they hang up their uniforms.
Tools are also available online.