Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Two agencies team up to protect service members, families
Tuesday - 5/8/2012, 9:12am EDT
Officials from both agencies signed a joint statement of shared principles. Signing for DoD was Robert L. Gordon, deputy assistant secretary for military, community and family policy. Holly Petraeus signed for the Bureau. She leads its service members affairs office. She's also the wife of retired Gen. David Petraeus, now the CIA director.
The two agencies will work together to protect service members and their families from shady financial practices.They'll monitor marketing directed at service members for products such as risky small-dollar loans.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report brought to you by United Health Military and Veterans Services. For more defense news, click here.