Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Air Force Academy's cyber warriors take 2nd in national contest
Tuesday - 5/1/2012, 2:52pm EDT
They beat the competition in the Cyber Defense Exercise in Fort Meade, Md., and took second place in the National Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition in San Antonio, Texas.
The contests tested teams' abilities to maintain network services, while detecting and responding to network intrusions and compromises. Judges graded them on how they maintained an exchange server, FTP server, Web server and domain controller...and submitted timely and accurate incident reports.
The cadets competed against teams from other service academies and even some graduate schools.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.