Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
DoD's energy strategy includes focus on small business
Monday - 3/12/2012, 6:01pm EDT
That's the message Sharon Burke, the assistant secretary of Defense for operational energy plans and programs, brought to the Operational Energy Capabilities Improvement Fund's Small Business Conference earlier this month.
"The fact is, small businesses and entrepreneurs matter to DOD," Burke said in her remarks. "Small businesses are a hub of ideas and innovation."
Burke joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the Pentagon's overall energy strategy and how small business fits into it.
DoD also recently released an implementation plan for its operational energy strategy. The plan includes:
- Measuring energy consumptions in operations
- Improving energy efficiency
- Promoting the development of alternative fuels