Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
DoD's energy strategy includes focus on small business
Monday - 3/12/2012, 6:01pm EDT
That's the message Sharon Burke, the assistant secretary of Defense for operational energy plans and programs, brought to the Operational Energy Capabilities Improvement Fund's Small Business Conference earlier this month.
"The fact is, small businesses and entrepreneurs matter to DOD," Burke said in her remarks. "Small businesses are a hub of ideas and innovation."
Burke joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the Pentagon's overall energy strategy and how small business fits into it.
DoD also recently released an implementation plan for its operational energy strategy. The plan includes:
- Measuring energy consumptions in operations
- Improving energy efficiency
- Promoting the development of alternative fuels