Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Committee chair promises to spike new BRAC requests
Thursday - 2/2/2012, 8:56am EST
Pentagon brass said last week they'll ask Congress for another round of base realignment and closures. Federal Times reports, Republican Rep. Buck McKeon (R-Calif.) says he'll kill the idea. McKeon was speaking to the Reserve Officers Association.
Earlier, the group heard from Gen. Martin Dempsey, chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. Dempsey said that since the armed services are shrinking, their real estate should, too.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.