Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Dempsey: New DoD strategy offers more opportunities than liabilities
Tuesday - 1/17/2012, 6:59am EST
Army Gen. Martin Dempsey said the administration's new strategy has more opportunities than liabilities. In a speech at Duke University, Dempsey says the Defense Department is not the victim of a drive to reduce growth in the national debt. He said the service chiefs are looking for new ways to deliver on their objectives while dealing with near zero budget growth.
As for whether the nation is capable of fighting two wars at once, Dempsey said he welcomes the removal of that language from the defense strategy.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.