Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Financial troubles leading cause of security clearance loss
Thursday - 12/15/2011, 7:39am EST
Defense.gov reports that financial problems are the number one cause for security clearance loss, which might keep troops from doing their jobs.
Holly Petraeus is the director of the consumer Financial Protection Bureau's Office of Servicemember Affairs. She spoke at the Financial Fitness Forum, which was a way for her office to get more information about the problems troops and their families face. A bad credit rating, the rough housing market and poor financial management are just a few of the issues. She says the idea is to find ways to empower and educate military members.
Petraeus grew up in a military family and her husband is retired Army Gen. David Petraeus, now the CIA director.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.