Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
DoD continues to seek alternative fuels
Friday - 12/2/2011, 8:59am EST
Edward Thomas Moorehouse is the principal deputy assistant secretary of defense for operational energy plans and programs. Defense.gov reports that Moorehouse participated on a panel discussing alternative fuels and energy security.
Moorehouse said making sure alternative fuel available is critical. He added that of all the consumables DoD uses, energy and fuel are particularly critical. The near-term challenge is to reduce the amount of fuel the department has to haul, Moorehouse said.
The panel was part of the Commercial Aviation Alternative Fuels Initiative Conference.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.