Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
DoD continues to seek alternative fuels
Friday - 12/2/2011, 8:59am EST
Edward Thomas Moorehouse is the principal deputy assistant secretary of defense for operational energy plans and programs. Defense.gov reports that Moorehouse participated on a panel discussing alternative fuels and energy security.
Moorehouse said making sure alternative fuel available is critical. He added that of all the consumables DoD uses, energy and fuel are particularly critical. The near-term challenge is to reduce the amount of fuel the department has to haul, Moorehouse said.
The panel was part of the Commercial Aviation Alternative Fuels Initiative Conference.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.