Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
DoD continues to seek alternative fuels
Friday - 12/2/2011, 8:59am EST
Edward Thomas Moorehouse is the principal deputy assistant secretary of defense for operational energy plans and programs. Defense.gov reports that Moorehouse participated on a panel discussing alternative fuels and energy security.
Moorehouse said making sure alternative fuel available is critical. He added that of all the consumables DoD uses, energy and fuel are particularly critical. The near-term challenge is to reduce the amount of fuel the department has to haul, Moorehouse said.
The panel was part of the Commercial Aviation Alternative Fuels Initiative Conference.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.