Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
DoD continues to seek alternative fuels
Friday - 12/2/2011, 8:59am EST
Edward Thomas Moorehouse is the principal deputy assistant secretary of defense for operational energy plans and programs. Defense.gov reports that Moorehouse participated on a panel discussing alternative fuels and energy security.
Moorehouse said making sure alternative fuel available is critical. He added that of all the consumables DoD uses, energy and fuel are particularly critical. The near-term challenge is to reduce the amount of fuel the department has to haul, Moorehouse said.
The panel was part of the Commercial Aviation Alternative Fuels Initiative Conference.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.