Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Cyber Command completes first battle simulation
Friday - 12/2/2011, 8:47am EST
Information Week reports, 300 people participated. The good guys versus bad guys simulation used a virtual private network. The bad actors attempted to penetrate systems of the white hats.
Cyber Command personnel fended off most — but not all — of the attacks. Officials said that means there's more work to be done. Still, Cyber Command's chief, General Keith Alexander, deemed the exercise a success.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.