Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Dempsey: U.S. under daily cyber attacks
Tuesday - 11/29/2011, 7:10am EST
Gen. Martin Dempsey is chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. His comments are just the latest to focus on the area of cybersecurity, according to Reuters.
Dempsey says the U.S. loses intellectual property, the networks are under attack every day and it will take a "whole government" approach to address the threat.
Data theft is only one area of concern. U.S. officials stepped up warnings about possible destructive cyber attacks after the computer virus Stuxnet emerged in 2010.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.