Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Lessons on inpiring staff from military leaders
Thursday - 11/10/2011, 5:37pm EST
Military leaders are known for their ability to inspire and lead in not-so-favorable conditions. What they know can help you be a better manager. Tim McManus, vice president for Education and Outreach at Partnership for Public Service, shares some of those military leadership lessons in an interview with In Depth with Francis Rose.
McManus previewed some of the lessons that will be included in Federal Coach Tom Fox's upcoming column:
- Build teamwork.
- Focus on the goal.
- Lead from the front and take personal responsibility.for the success or the failure of your team.
- Stay ahead of the competition.
- Learn to take risks.