Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Military voting on the rise
Monday - 10/17/2011, 7:49pm EDT
Some key findings from the report:
- The 18-24 year old military voter participation rate increased 33 percent over 2006.
- The age and gender adjusted military voter participation rate is just above that of the general population's - 46 percent compared to 45.5 percent.
- 33 percent of military voters voted in person instead of by absentee ballot.
- Military voter registration rates stayed at 77 percent from 2008 to 2010, while the national voter registration rate of 65 percent, dropped 8.5 percent from 2008.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.