Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Lynn touts DoD charitable giving
Thursday - 9/22/2011, 11:49am EDT
With the start of the Combined Federal Campaign, Lynn made a public appeal to DoD workers, asking them to make history with their donations, Defense.gov reports.
Last year, contributors gave $110 million to the campaign, which serves more than 4,000 charities. And DoD civilians and service members averaged giving a record $489 dollars each last year.
This year's goal for DOD is more than $14 million dollars. Lynn said they will need to work harder this year because of the decreasing pool of donors.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.