Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Product safety agency launches two-way communication tools
Monday - 11/21/2011, 9:32am EST
The commission has launched new tools to make it easier for the agency to communicate with companies and vice versa. Going forward, CPSC will communicate with businesses electronically, through its revamped online portal SaferProducts.gov.
The upgraded site is the cornerstone of the agency's IT modernization efforts.
Alex Filip, deputy director of the commission's communications office, joined the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris to discuss the new tools.
The ability for business to quickly report to us any problems they had with a product they found a failure in was something that was kind of a clunky format before," Filip said. The new system aims to smooth out the wrinkles.
For example, using the online portal, CPSC can more quickly alert companies if the agency has received a complaint from the public. And the businesses themselves can more easily file the reports they're required to submit to the agency.