Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Moderate flooding along Potomac in western Md.
Thursday - 5/19/2011, 1:22pm EDT
POINT OF ROCKS, Md. - Flooding is occurring along the Potomac River in Frederick and Washington Counties.
The National Weather Service says moderate flooding is occurring along the Potomac River in the Frederick County town of Point of Rocks. And officials in Williamsport say floodwaters from the Potomac have flowed into Riverbottom Park and closed a street leading to the park.
The weather service says the river exceeded its16-foot flood stage Wednesday night. By 8:15 a.m. Thursday, it was above 20 feet.
The river was expected to crest at nearly 22 feet around 8 p.m. Thursday.
(Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)