Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
NIST launches Cybersecurity Center
Wednesday - 2/22/2012, 7:29am EST
The public-private collaboration is meant to help accelerate the widespread adoption of integrated cybersecurity tools and technologies. It also hopes to promote trustworthy e-government and e-commerce. The center will help enhance coordination between the federal, state and local governments, as well as partners in the private sector.
NIST's 2012 appropriations provided $10 million to establish the center. It's state-of-the-art computing facility will be located near NIST's Gaithersburg, Md., campus.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.