Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
This week in the cloud
Sunday - 2/13/2011, 5:38pm EST
We told you last week about the two draft cloud documents NIST published. This week, Federal News Radio spoke with NIST computer scientists Lee Badger and Tim Grance about those docs. Federal News Radio host Chris Dorobek also discussed how agencies can take advantage of the costs and efficiencies of moving to the cloud while maintaining security and privacy.
Sanjay Sardar is the deputy chief information officer at the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission. In an interview on Federal News Radio’s Ask the CIO program, Sardar says FERC is testing or considering cloud computing options for email, Web hosting and data storage. Sardar says one of his top priorities this year is to improve the IT mobility of the agency’s employees.
To hear either of these interviews click the links above.
Sneak Preview: Coming up this week on Off the Shelf, Steve Kempf, commissioner of the General Services Administration’s Federal Acquisition Service, discusses cloud computing. The show airs Tuesday at 10:30 a.m.