Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
NIST seeks public collaboration for cloud guidelines
Tuesday - 2/8/2011, 12:34pm EST
The site enables "two-way communication among the cloud community and the NIST cloud research working groups," according to the NIST website.
Collaborators can comment on security and privacy challenges for public cloud computing, applications and infrastructure for moving to the cloud, and how to outsource data.
The Office of Management and Budget has directed agencies to move toward a "cloud first" policy. The proposed guidelines from NIST follow a directive from Federal CIO Vivek Kundra calling for faster adoption of cloud computing in government.
The public can comment on the draft guidelines before Feb. 28.