Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
NIST seeks public collaboration for cloud guidelines
Tuesday - 2/8/2011, 12:34pm EST
The site enables "two-way communication among the cloud community and the NIST cloud research working groups," according to the NIST website.
Collaborators can comment on security and privacy challenges for public cloud computing, applications and infrastructure for moving to the cloud, and how to outsource data.
The Office of Management and Budget has directed agencies to move toward a "cloud first" policy. The proposed guidelines from NIST follow a directive from Federal CIO Vivek Kundra calling for faster adoption of cloud computing in government.
The public can comment on the draft guidelines before Feb. 28.